‘Phenomenal’ array of talent is celebrated at second annual awards
The winners of the 2018 Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards have been revealed.
They were unveiled in front of a capacity audience at the Hilton Cambridge City Centre Hotel, featuring many of the brightest minds across a range of science and technology sectors.
Editor Paul Brackley told the crowd that the judging panel had a challenging time because of the “phenomenal” standard and range of entries to the awards.
The winners and highly commended finalists at the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards 2018,
who took home trophies and copies of Peter Cowley’s new book The Invested Investor.
Picture: Invested Investor
He said: “Congratulations to all our winners. It was an extremely high quality field – a real showcase of the tremendous talent in this region.”
Now in their second year, the awards are sponsored by Allia, Appleyard Lees, AstraZeneca / MedImmune, BioStrata, Cambridge Precision, Chesterford Research Park, COEL, Cofinitive, Grant Thornton, Regus, SmithsonHill and Woodfines Solicitors.
The sponsors of the Cambridge Independent Science and Technology Awards
Start-Up of the Year, sponsored by Regus
• Winner: Elpis Biomed
• Highly Commended: Evonetix and Fluidic Analytics
AI Company of the Year, sponsored by Cambridge Precision
• Winner: Featurespace
• Highly Commended: Cydar
Cleantech Company of the Year, sponsored by Allia
• Winner: The VaioPak Group
• Highly Commended: Azuri Technologies and Origami Energy
Researcher of the Year, sponsored by AstraZeneca/MedImmune
• Winner: Dr Charlotte Coles, reader in breast radiation oncology and honorary consultant in clinical oncology at the Cancer Research UK Cambridge Centre
• Highly Commended: Dr Meritxell Huch, group leader at the Wellcome Trust/Cancer Research UK Gurdon Institute
Games Company of the Year, sponsored by Woodfines Solicitors
• Winner: Frontier Developments
• Highly Commended: Jagex and Ninja Theory
Agritech Company of the Year, sponsored by SmithsonHill
• Winner: Dogtooth Technologies
• Highly Commended: KisanHub
Medtech Company of the Year, sponsored by Chesterford Research Park
• Winner – Owlstone Medical
• Highly Commended – Cambridge Respiratory Innovations and Endomag
CEO of the Year, sponsored by Grant Thornton
• Winner – Martin Frost, CMR Surgical
• Highly Commended – Fiona Nielsen, Repositive
Biotech Company of the Year, sponsored by Appleyard Lees
• Joint winners – Crescendo Biologics and F-star
The One to Watch, sponsored by Cofinitive
• Winner – Kalium Diagnostics
Technology Company of the Year, sponsored by COEL
• Winner – GeoSpock
• Highly Commended – Simprints
Life Sciences Company of the Year, sponsored by BioStrata
• Winner – Microbiotica
The drinks reception was sponsored by Zyme Communications, the event was supported by The Good Plant Company and Peter Cowley gave copies of his new book, The Invested Investor to the winners and highly commended finalists.
View original article on www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk